About the Swampscott PAC
Massachusetts Chapter 766 Regulations require each school district to establish a PAC on Special Education. We function as an independent, volunteer group for parents/guardians of children with disabilities.
Our goals are to:
- advocate for an inclusive environment where children with disabilities have equal access to all educational opportunities in the Swampscott Public Schools.
- provide a forum for parents/guardians of children with disabilities to meet, ask questions, and share information.
- offer educational presentations on a variety of topics to the community.
- work in partnership with school officials and members of the school committee to facilitate communication of Special Education goals and programs to the community.
- meet regularly with school professionals to participate in the planning and evaluation of Special Education programs, services and policies.
We advertise our meetings in the Thursday edition of the Swampscott Reporter, Swampscott Patch, and on our Facebook page “Swampscott Special Education Parent Advisory Council.”
Our meetings are posted on the school district wide calendar, located here.