PAC Start of Year Flyer – 2011/2012
Posted by SwampscottPAC on August 27, 2011
On Facebook: Swampscott Special Education Parent Advisory Council
Our webpage: http://seaboard.wordpress.com
Our email: email@example.com
Yahoo! Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/swampscottspecialedpac/
The Swampscott Special Education Parent Advisory Council is the local parent advisory council for the Swampscott school district that is mandated by Massachusetts Chapter 766 Regulations. We are a member of the Massachusetts Association of Special Education Advisory Councils, and SPEDWatch.
We host meetings and workshops through out the school year, and at times will collaborate with local PACs including Marblehead and Nahant. Meeting announcements will be done in several ways with minimum flyers going home. In order to receive a direct email on meetings and other pertinent information, we have a Yahoo! Group that can you can join. We will continue to post meetings on our web page, in the print Swampscott Reporter, Wicked Local Swampscott online, our Facebook page and Swampscott Patch. We will also have meetings entered on the school district master calendar.
The PAC gives back to the community in a variety of ways:
- Scholarships given out to deserving seniors at graduation
- Two benches donated to the handicapped accessibleAbbottPark
- Donation to the Jackson Park Playground for sensory playground equipment
- Theater seat donated to Swampscott POPS as part of the “Save Me a Seat” campaign
- Active member in the Swampscott Respect for Human Differences organization
- Creation of the Special Needs Resource area at the public library
- Ongoing book donations to the public library and schools.
- Served on various search committees for hiring of administration
- Available to provide support to families on special education laws and resources
Some of the workshops we are planning for the school year include:
- Meet and discuss updates in the district with our new Special Education Director, Mona Blumstein.
- Basic Rights Workshop presented by the Federation for Children with Special Needs (FCSN)
- Understanding My Child’s Learning Style presented by FCSN
If there are other topics you are interested in being presented or would like to help out the group in any way please send us an email.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.